Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Neighbourhood birds & plants, Mahboula

Some quick snaps from yesterdays dog walk to show you a bit of the 'wildlife' that's currently available in my beautiful neighbourhood ;-)

The usual criminals 

House sparrow, Passer domesticus
From Birds Kuwait 2011
White-eared Bulbul, Pycnonotus leucogenys
From Birds Kuwait 2011
These guys are usually migrants, but some fellows stay over winter it seems.
We have around three of them staying here. 
I thought I saw a Northern Wheatear the other day, but I am not 100% sure.

White Wagtail, Motacilla alba
From Birds Kuwait 2011
This fellow was a bit strange. He didn't wag his tail at all. I've never seen a waggy before,
 not wagging it's tail.

White Wagtail, Motacilla alba
From Birds Kuwait 2011

We have some bats around too. At least two species.
I doubt I will ever catch a photo of them though ;-)

Water sources

From Kuwait
From Kuwait
From Kuwait

Some plants that grow wherever you find some water

From Kuwait

Some trees that survive the harshest conditions & trash surrounding them, the construction that goes on around here (new sewer system - the exit still seems to lead to the ocean, new streets, new houses - like we really need more. Yes, the skies are actually this blue right now. But it was very windy yesterday and the dust pretty bad. I got my nasty cough back. Either a virus or the dang dust.

From Kuwait
Stray cats and dogs in abundance - King & JoJo wanted to get this one, but she somewhat
knew she was save in the dense undergrowth of the trees

From Kuwait
From The kids
From The kids
Something to smile ;-)

From Kuwait
From Kuwait

Posted for 'World Bird Wednesday' - hop on over to see the world